Tuesday 2 April 2013

Five Finds




Happy Belated Easter! Thanks to the fantastic chocolatiers at Stubbe, my boys had a fun-filled Easter egg hunt for gluten-free chocolates. My youngest son has celiac disease and it is amazing how much commercial chocolate contains gluten, typically with malt flavouring made from barley. Although Stubbe does not run a gluten free kitchen because they do make some cakes but their chocolate is gluten free.

We spent our Easter weekend at our cottage in Picton in Prince Edward County where I was able to get out and about to some of my favourite little shops. Here are my five finds that I picked up that seem to tap into my Spring fever frame of my mind.


 
An enamelled bowl made from a coconut shell and stone necklace from Gilbert and Lighthall
 
 
 
Sew What You Love by Tanya Whelan features some simple patterns for knits from Books and Company.
 
 
 
Vintage-inspired selection of fat quarters from the local fabric shop.
 
 
 
Funky, purple reading glasses from Books & Company.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment